Being able to solve the Rubik’s Cube is one thing. Solving it fast — really fast — is another. Speed cubing is the latest craze on the “competitive sport” arena. The World Cube Association (WCA) holds tournaments where Rubik’s Cube lovers from all over the planet commune and compete – and Minds Ahead students are automatically eligible to compete at the WCA events.
How Does it Work?
Our Speed Cubing program has three levels:
Level 1: Solving the 3×3 Rubik’s Cube in less than 2.30 minutes
Level 2: Advanced algorithms to solve the Cube within 1 minute – 40 seconds.
Level 3: Solving the Cube in 30 seconds or less.
Students gain entry to National / International Speed Cubing competitions. Certificates are accredited by STEM.org.
Benefits of Speed Cubing:
- Figuring out how to solve problems is the heart of the scientific process. Tinkering with the Rubik’s Cube fits right in with STEM education goals and can teach important principles of math and science.
- Improves mental mapping. Learning the algorithms means memorizing step by step moves and in a particular order. There is usually no mistake allowed with algorithms. This trains your brain to memorize and map things in their order.
- Cubing helps develop spatial awareness – the ability to see and understand two or more objects in relation to each other and to oneself.
- It also strengthens pattern recognition. For instance, as kids learn to recognize that a white square in the center of one side means that a yellow square is in the center of the opposite one. Pattern recognition is also the building block of learning for math and music.
- One of the biggest benefits of the Rubik’s Cube is that it builds grit. Since the gratification isn’t immediate — kids have to pull from their reserves of persistence, determination, and resilience to be successful.
- Speedcubing makes your reflexes faster. Speed cubers make nearly 3 moves per second which definitely sharpens your reflexes.
Call 0562604599 to book your free trial class today!